Siouxland Community Health Center has an opening for:
Requisition Number: CODER001585
Full-Time (8:00am-5:00pm ∙ Monday-Friday)
Education, Training & Skills:
• Medical Coding Specialist Diploma from accredited institution
• Medical Coding Certification
• AAPC certification preferred but not required
• Advanced computer and data entry skills
• Math acuity
General Functions of Position:
• Maintains a working knowledge of CPT and ICD 10 CM coding principles, governmental regulations, protocols and third-party requirements pertaining to billing and documentation.
• Assures final diagnoses and procedures as stated by the provider are valid and complete.
• Conducts an audit of records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
• Conducts one-on-one or small group education to physicians regarding the results of their periodic reviews while maintain an exceptionally high level of professionalism.
• These functions are not all inclusive.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Technical/other training or better in other.
SCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
SCHC participates in E-Verify.
Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and review of required immunizations including COVID vaccination are required. Exemptions may be granted for religious or medical accommodations.